This is an interesting article at MediaPost about how the majority of marketers are now using some form of social media to promote their business, but the majority of those people have been at it for less than one year. Some other interesting stats:
Key survey findings about specific application show that:
* Small-business owners are more likely to use LinkedIn than employees working for a corporation
* Men are significantly more likely to use YouTube or other video marketing than women (52.4% of all men compared with 31.7% of women)
* For those just getting under way with social media marketing, LinkedIn is ranked as their number-two choice, pushing blogging down one notch
* Among those who have been using social media for a few months, Facebook is in second place. This group also has more Twitter use
* Twitter is used by 94% of marketers who have been using social media for years, followed closely by blogs. This group also endorses online video significantly more than the other groups
72% of marketers say they have either just started or have been using social media for only a few months.