Every summer, global car enthusiasts and America’s Beau Monde gather on the pacific coast to celebrate the heritage and tradition of the automobile. Held from 12-15 August 2021, Monterey Car Week is composed of a spectacular array of auctions, tours and concours, all held in the beautiful surroundings of the Monterey Peninsula, California. Rolex has supported this heritage event since 1997, when the Swiss watch brand first partnered with the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®.
- California welcomes back motoring enthusiasts from around the world for a series of prestigious events, including the deferred 70th anniversary edition of the renowned Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®.
- Rolex has supported the Concours for more than two decades and also partners with the Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance® presented by Rolex, the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering. Rolex’s relationship with these events is linked by a common theme: a commitment to the evolution of motoring style and engineering, and the long-term quest for the preservation and promotion of heritage.
- Looking ahead to the automotive celebrations, Rolex Testimonee and multiple Formula 1® race winner Mark Webber says:
- “These events are truly wonderful because they honor the heritage of the car and highlight the extraordinary technical and mechanical advancements of the last century. The 70th anniversary celebrations at Pebble Beach will be unique and very special – the effort, artistry, love and passion put into the vehicles on display will be incredible. Seeing all the cars gathered at Pebble Beach during my visit in 2019, as well as witnessing Rolex’s ongoing support of motoring tradition, is something I will never forget.”
PEBBLE BEACH TOUR D’ELEGANCE® PRESENTED BY ROLEX:
- On Thursday, August 12, more than 150 entrants will showcase the elegance of the automobile in motion and pay tribute to the original Pebble Beach Road Races, tracing sections of the famous 17-Mile Drive across parts of Carmel Valley, Big Sur and finishing in Pebble Beach.
ROLEX MONTEREY MOTORSPORTS REUNION:
- From Thursday, August 12 to Sunday, August 15, the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca will host hundreds of historic cars on this robust racing circuit, with George Follmer and Parnelli Jones — two of the most competitive drivers during the formative years of the Trans-Am Series — sharing the track as co-Grand Marshals.
THE QUAIL, A MOTORSPORTS GATHERING:
- Carmel Valley takes center stage on Friday, August 13, when leading manufactures debut new models alongside rare vintage cars. The event culminates with the Rolex Best in Show, showcasing the meticulousness and beauty of these nostalgic vehicles.
PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE®:
- On Sunday, August 15, 250 entrants vying for honors will be assessed on their elegance, technical merit and history by expert judges. To mark the 70th anniversary, the Concours has invited previous Best of Show winners, which will be featured alongside other marques and classes, including Pebble Beach Road Race Winners, Pininfarina, Porsche 917 and Early Electric Vehicles.
- The ultimate accolade, the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Best of Show, is awarded during the closing ceremony and the winning owner presented with a specially engraved Rolex Datejust 41 timepiece.
- Rolex Testimonee and three-time FIA Formula 1® Drivers’ World Champion Sir Jackie Stewart says:
- “Pebble Beach is the best concours d’elegance in the world. The spectators witness an exclusive collection of automobiles, some created before they were even born, as well as modern vehicles presented in a very glamorous setting. For Rolex it is a marvelous relationship because passionate car and watch aficionados understand the great privilege of owning something very special, with great history and elegance.”