- Global roll-out of sculptural and artistic new retail environment continues
- “As we evolve and expand our product range, we are enhancing the Lotus customer experience” – Geoff Dowding, Executive Director, Sales and Aftersales
- More Lotus Centres will adopt new visual identity in coming months
Hethel, UK – 13 April 2022
The ongoing transformation of the Lotus global retail network continues apace, with showrooms worldwide now upgrading to the brand’s new visual identity. The UK, North America and mainland Europe now have sites fully installed with the new look, and more will follow in the coming months.
The first Lotus showroom to integrate the new retail identity opened in the Kingdom of Bahrain last autumn. Sculptural and artistic in its execution, it draws directly on the company’s design and engineering prowess, capturing the energy of the brand as it transforms from a UK sports car company to a global performance car business and brand.
In the UK, the first showroom to be completed is Lotus Exeter, a solus site operated by Hendy Group. It’s at Marsh Barton, the largest retail park in the south-west and the city’s main destination for automotive retail customers.
In the USA, Lotus Dallas is operated by Earth Motorcars, the leader in the luxury and exotic car market in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas. The business is a key participant in a local monthly auto show, an event which draws thousands of car enthusiasts who are learning about the exciting future of Lotus.
In Europe, the teams at the first two showrooms to feature the new retail identity celebrated by staging events to introduce their customers to the Lotus Emira. In Brussels, Belgium, an all-new Lotus showroom has been delivered by the highly respected Sterckx-Desmet automotive group. In Italy, Lotus Turin is a long-standing partner of the brand which has invested in the new retail identity to improve the experience for customers.
Geoff Dowding, Executive Director, Sales and Aftersales, Lotus, commented: ““As we evolve and expand our product range, we are enhancing the Lotus customer experience. The physical transformation of our retailers and retail agencies worldwide, coupled with the launch of our digital e-commerce platform, is a key element of that process.”
Lotus Cars is based in Hethel, Norfolk, UK, and is the global HQ for sports car and hypercar manufacturing operations, Lotus Advanced Performance and the iconic 2.2-mile test track. Lotus Cars builds world-class high-performance cars, born out of legendary success on the racetrack including 13 FIA Formula 1 world titles and many other championship honours. In July 2021 Lotus unveiled the all-new Lotus Emira, its last petrol-powered sports car and best-of-breed, and in July 2019 it launched the Evija, the world’s first all-electric British hypercar. Customer deliveries of both cars will begin during 2022. In March 2022 Lotus revealed the Eletre, the world’s first all-electric hyper-SUV. Customer deliveries will begin in 2023. The Lotus Type 135, an all-electric sports car, is currently being designed and engineered at Hethel.
Lotus Engineering provides comprehensive consultancy services to many of the world’s OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers. It is internationally recognised for its long-standing contribution to ground-breaking engineering and innovative vehicle development. Its expertise extends beyond automotive; in August 2021 a Lotus Engineering-developed track bike helped Team GB’s cyclists win seven medals, including three golds, at the Tokyo Olympics. An international consultancy with offices around the world, Lotus Engineering is headquartered at the Lotus Advanced Technology Centre on the University of Warwick’s Wellesbourne Campus in the UK.
Lotus Tech is an affiliate company of Group Lotus, established as part of the Vision80 strategy established in 2018. With operational assets across China, the UK and Europe, Lotus Tech is dedicated to delivering smart lifestyle battery electric vehicles (BEVs) such as the Eletre. Lotus Tech is focused on R&D in next-generation automobility technologies such as electrification, digitalisation and more. In addition to the Lotus Eletre, Lotus Tech plans to launch further BEV models including a sports sedan (Type 133) another SUV (Type 134) and more, as Vision80 reaches maturity in 2028.
Group Lotus is either the parent company of or affiliated with the above. In 2017, Geely Holding Group, one of the fastest growing automotive group in the world, acquired a 51% stake in Group Lotus. The other 49% is owned by Etika Automotive, a Malaysian conglomerate.