Would you love to see the results of your work featured in major mainstream, automotive, motorcycle, outdoor, and men’s lifestyle publications? Are you able to confidently pitch a story to a journalist? Are you a talented writer with a thorough understanding of AP Style? Do you have a knack for creating compelling content and growing social media followings? Would you love to tell one of your new clients that you just secured a huge PR placement that will propel their business? Do you have a love for cars, trucks, motorcycles, or the outdoors?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then you want a career at Kahn Media. We are currently looking for an exceptional person to join our Public Relations team as an Account Executive.
Under the supervision of a Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor, our Account Executives are responsible for developing and implementing PR and social media strategies, maintaining relationships with journalists, communicating directly with clients, attending events and trade shows to support clients, facilitating interviews with the media, capturing content for social media use, and creating monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for clients.
The ideal candidate will be a capable writer, have a deep understanding of the current media landscape (everything from social influencer outreach to blogs to print pubs), have a thorough working knowledge of major social media channels and must have a passion for communication – If you love the outdoors, the luxury/lifestyle space, tech, cars, motorcycles, or trucks, even better.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write press releases, news stories, and turnkey articles
- Pitch stories about clients or client products/services to media outlets
- Respond to phone calls and inquiries from journalists
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists at major media outlets and influential websites as well as social media influencers
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Maintain daily/weekly contact with clients to ensure we are meeting their needs
- Create daily/weekly posts for client social media channels (mostly Facebook and Instagram)
- Monitor the clients’ social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users
- Analyze the long-term needs of the clients’ social media strategies and offer quarterly reports to management
- Work with the creative department to create unique social media content using client content (photos/videos) or schedule shoots based on specific content needs
- Monitor media coverage and create monthly reports for clients that include analysis on social media metrics
- Capture content (photo/video) at client events for use on social media
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- Required – 2-3 years of professional PR or marketing experience (agency experience a plus)
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of AP Style as it pertains to writing for PR
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Basic photography/video and editing skills
- Those with basic technical knowledge of automobiles, trucks, and off-road driving will be given priority
**We are looking for an Account Executive superstar to join and grow with our team. The Account Executive will be responsible for coordinating with our clients daily and booking REMARKABLE press! If you haven’t worked in an agency setting or do not have at least TWO years’ experience, please do not apply for this position.**
About Kahn Media
Kahn Media Inc. is one of the fastest-growing PR/Marketing firms in the automotive, outdoor, and luxury lifestyle spaces thanks to our focus on working with the best brands, the most talented people, and fostering a highly charged creative work environment. Kahn Media was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States in 2018 and 2019, by AdWeek as one of the fastest-growing agencies in the US in 2019, and by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal as the #1 PR Agency in the Valley in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Our specialty is being the bridge between the top brands and their customers, creating fun engaging content and promoting the latest vehicles, products, and events. We have an amazing in-house art department with talented photographers, videographers, and designers. Our Account Executives specialize in working directly with the clients and the media by writing new product and news releases, stories for company blogs, newsletters, providing event coverage and working with the creative team on video scripts and print material. We believe in delivering excellence for our clients and creating a fun, positive environment for our team.
Job Type: Full-time