Would you love to see the results of your work featured in major mainstream, Outdoor, automotive, motorcycle, off-road, and men’s lifestyle publications? Do you have an education and interest in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or Marketing? Are you a competent writer with an understanding of AP Style? Do you have a knack for creating content and growing social media followings? Do you have a love for cars, trucks, motorcycles, or the outdoors?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then you want to start your career in PR and Marketing at Kahn Media. We are currently looking for an exceptional person to join our Public Relations team as an Account Coordinator.
Under the supervision of a Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor, our Account Coordinators will learn how to develop and implement dynamic PR and social media strategies, maintain relationships with journalists, communicate directly with clients, attend events and trade shows to support clients, facilitate interviews with the media, capture content for social media use, and create monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for clients. Please note, this is an entry-level position.
The ideal candidate will be a capable writer, have an understanding of the current media landscape (everything from social influencer outreach to blogs to print pubs) and the PR process, have a working knowledge of major social media channels, and must have a passion for communication – If you love the outdoors, tech, cars, trucks, or Jeeps, even better.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write press releases, news stories, and turn key articles
- Assist with pitching stories about clients or client products/services to media outlets
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Join daily/weekly meetings with clients to ensure we are meeting their needs
- Assist with the creation of daily/weekly posts for client social media channels (mostly Facebook and Instagram)
- Monitor the clients’ social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users
- Help create monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for clients on the progress of their campaign, media coverage, and an analysis on social media metrics
- Work with the creative department to create unique social media content using client content (photos/videos) or schedule shoots based on specific content needs
- Capture content (photo/video) at client events for use on social media
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of AP Style as it pertains to writing for PR
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Basic photography/video and editing skills
- Those with basic technical knowledge of automobiles, trucks, and off-road driving will be given priority.
About Kahn Media
Kahn Media Inc. is one of the fastest-growing PR/Marketing firms in the luxury lifestyle, outdoor, and automotive spaces thanks to our focus on working with the best brands, the most talented people, and fostering a highly-charged creative work environment. Kahn Media was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 fastest growing private companies in the United States in 2018 and 2019 and by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal as the #1 PR Agency in the Valley in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Our specialty is content marketing – being the bridge between the top brands and their customers, creating fun engaging content and promoting the latest vehicles, products and events. We have an amazing in-house art department with talented photographers, videographers and designers. Our Account Coordinators gain knowledge and experience by working directly with senior staff writing new product and news releases, stories for company blogs, newsletters, compiling media lists, providing event coverage and working with the creative team on video scripts and print material. We believe in delivering excellence for our clients and creating a fun, positive environment for our team.
What we Offer (“The Perks”)
- Competitive salary
- Paid healthcare
- 401k with employer matching
- Profit-sharing bonus programs
- A fun close-knit team of professionals who all get along
- Paid vacation and an additional paid week off between Christmas and New Years
- Annual Holiday Party
- Four and a half-day workweeks with half-day Fridays (starting at noon)
- Monthly employee fitness and cell phone stipends
- Hybrid-Remote schedule
- Paid training and education opportunities