Are you tired of working for the same old PR agency where you’re just another cog in the pitching machine? Are you a dynamic leader that is ready to manage a diverse and talented team of publicists and marketers to deliver exceptional results for clients? Do you love to see the results of your work featured in major mainstream, automotive, outdoor, and lifestyle publications?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then we definitely want to talk to you about a career at Kahn Media. We are currently looking for an exceptional person to join our Accounts team as an Account Supervisor to work with our roster of exceptional clients like outdoor lifestyle, motorsports series, leading custom car builders, sports car manufacturers, museums, and events as well as have the opportunity to attend some of the most revered outdoor and automotive lifestyle events in the world. We provide a close-knit and collaborative work environment that offers a hybrid work schedule for local candidates, competitive pay, great benefits, and lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Accounts you will lead a team who will be responsible for developing and implementing PR and social media strategies, fostering, and maintaining new and current client relationships, managing, and mentoring a team, attending events and trade shows to support clients, facilitating interviews with the media, and supervising the creation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for clients.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced publicist with 3 years of agency (large or small) experience, be a talented writer, have a deep understanding of the current media landscape (everything from influencer outreach to digital media outlets, print publications, and broadcast), have a thorough working knowledge of major social media channels, and must have a passion for leadership and communication. If you love the outdoors lifestyle space, tech, cars, motorcycles, and trucks, even better.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage a team of (Senior Account Executives, Account Executives and Account Coordinators) across multiple accounts, delegating assignments, and managing workload
- Execute client strategy for public relations, social media, and content marketing.
- Lead client communications strategies for crisis comms under the direction of the President/CEO and VP of Accounts and when interacting directly with executives at clients
- Update internal executive team on client standing and ongoing projects.
- Set social media goals with clients and ensure that the account team meets/exceeds them
- Take final responsibility for overall hour burn on each account
- Responsible for overall team performance, including client and employee retention, adherence to Kahn Media policies and procedures, and account hours
- Work with junior employees to develop pitches and story angles about clients or client products/services and take lead on pitching stories to major media outlets
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists at major media outlets and influential websites as well as with social media influencers
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Maintain daily/weekly contact with clients to ensure we are meeting their needs
- Supervise the creation of daily/weekly posts for client social media channels (mostly Facebook and Instagram)
- Analyze the long-term needs of the clients’ social media strategies and offer quarterly reports to management
- Work collaboratively with the creative department to create unique social media content using client content (photos/videos) or schedule shoots based on specific content needs
- Monitor media coverage and create monthly reports for clients that include analysis on social media metrics
**We are looking for an Account Supervisor superstar to join and grow with our team. The Account Supervisor will be responsible for managing multiple junior employees, coordinating with clients daily, and ensuring their team books REMARKABLE press! If you haven’t worked in an agency setting or do not have at least THREE years’ experience, please do not apply for this position.**
About Kahn Media
Kahn Media Inc. is one of the fastest-growing PR/Marketing firms in the luxury lifestyle, outdoor, and automotive spaces thanks to our focus on working with the best brands, the most talented people, and fostering a highly charged creative work environment. Kahn Media was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 fastest growing private companies in the United States in 2018, 2019, and 2020, by Adweek as one of the fastest-growing agencies in the US in 2019, and by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal as the #1 PR Agency in the Valley for the past five years.
We are not your typical PR agency, we are an integrated marketing firm that acts as the bridge between top brands and their customers, creating fun engaging content and promoting the latest vehicles, products, services, and events. We have an amazing in-house art department with talented photographers, videographers, and designers. Our Account team specializes in working directly with the clients and the media by writing new product and news releases, stories for company blogs, newsletters, providing event coverage, and working with the creative team on video scripts and ad material. We believe in delivering excellence for our clients and creating a fun, positive environment for our team.
What we Offer (“The Perks”)
- Competitive salary
- Paid healthcare
- 401k with employer matching
- Profit-sharing bonus programs
- A fun close-knit team of professionals who all get along
- Up to two weeks of paid vacation PLUS an additional paid week off between Christmas and New Years
- The opportunity to work with really cool clients like motorsports series, leading custom car builders, RV companies, sports car manufacturers, museums, and lifestyle events as well as the opportunity to attend some of the most revered automotive and lifestyle events in the world.
- Hybrid work schedule (mix of work from home/in-office)
- Four-and-a-half-day workweek – Fridays end at noon year-round
- Monthly fitness/gym stipend
- Monthly cell phone contribution
Job Type: Full-time