- Formula 1® racing returns to the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas from October 19th to October 21st for the 18th race of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship™.
- Lewis Hamilton, driving for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, leads the 2018 FIA Formula 1® Drivers’ World Championship by 67 points from Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel.
- To win his fifth title in Austin, Lewis Hamilton needs to secure eight more points than the Ferrari driver.
- As a Global Partner and the Official Timepiece of Formula 1®, Rolex shares motorsport’s commitment to groundbreaking technology and its relentless pursuit of engineering precision.
- Three-time FIA Formula 1® Drivers’ World Champion and winner of the UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX in 1968 and 1972, Sir Jackie Stewart, said:
- “Rolex and Formula 1 are linked by their global appeal and unwavering attention to detail, which has contributed to their strong association.” Marking his 50th year as a Rolex Testimonee in 2018, Sir Jackie continued: “I am honored to be part of the Rolex family, a 50-year relationship is a rare commitment; it has been a fantastic journey together.”
- The Formula 1 season is contested over eight months and across 21 countries.
- At every Grand Prix™ the official Rolex Pit Lane Clock provides a visual reminder of the importance of timing, while highlighting the Swiss watch brand’s commitment to motorsport at the highest level.
- The shared pursuit of performance, excellence and precision unites Rolex and Formula 1®, demonstrating the dedication required to reach the pinnacle of watchmaking and sport.
ABOUT FORMULA 1®
Formula 1® racing began in 1950 and is the world’s most prestigious motor racing competition, as well as the world’s most popular annual sporting series. The 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship™ runs from March to November and spans 21 races in 21 countries across four continents. Formula One World Championship Limited is part of Formula 1, and holds the exclusive commercial rights to the FIA Formula One World Championship™.
Formula 1 is a subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation (NASDAQ: LSXMA, LSXMB, LSXMK, BATRA, BATRK, FWONA, FWONK) attributed to the Formula One Group tracking stock.
Rolex, a Swiss watch manufacture headquartered in Geneva, is recognized the world over for its expertise and the quality of its products. Its Oyster and Cellini watches, all certified as Superlative Chronometers for their precision, performance and reliability, are symbols of excellence, elegance and prestige. Founded by Hans Wilsdorf in 1905, the brand pioneered the development of the wristwatch and is at the origin of numerous major watchmaking innovations, such as the Oyster, the first waterproof wristwatch, launched in 1926, and the Perpetual rotor self-winding mechanism invented in 1931. Rolex has registered over 400 patents in the course of its history. A truly integrated and independent manufacturing company, Rolex designs, develops and produces in-house all the essential components of its watches, from the casting of the gold alloys to the machining, crafting, assembly and finishing of the movement, case, dial and bracelet. Through philanthropic programmes and a broad palette of sponsorship activities, Rolex is also actively involved in supporting the arts, sports and exploration, and encourages the spirit of enterprise, as well as the conservation of natural environments.