Fellow SEMA Members,
I am running for a seat on the YEN Select Committee, and would appreciate your vote. Some highlights on why I would be an ideal candidate include:
- I am a life-long enthusiast from a car family. My first car build ended up on the covers of Hot Rod and Mustang & Fords
- Over a dozen years in the industry, having worked 11 consecutive SEMA Shows.
- Media background: I have worked for Petersen, Primedia, Edmunds, and handled PR for the top brands in our industry
- Small business owner: I understand what it takes to run a small business in the current climate, and what it takes to succeed
- The manufacturer’s perspective: my best clients and friends are auto aftermarket manufacturers. I will represent the manufacturer’s point of view on the council
- Social Media Expertise: It’s what we do, every day. I will help bring fresh ideas to the table and would love to help fellow YEN members succeed
After a decade as a proud SEMA member, I’ve decided its time to give something back to the industry and organization that has been so good to me over the years. I’m running for a seat on the SEMA Young Executives Network (YEN) Select Committee. YEN honored me a few months ago with a nice profile piece on the SEMA site and in SEMA News, so most of my background can be found here.
In a nutshell: I started working in the auto industry in high school, working the sales counter at a well-known speed shop in Los Angeles. I honed my writing skills, then made the jump to magazines as a writer and photographer at 18. I went on to work at some of the best automotive media outlets in the country, including Petersen/Primedia, Edmunds.com and more. Eventually I made the leap to automotive PR, where I have run accounts for some of the biggest names in our industry. Eventually I started my own PR and Social Media Marketing firm in 2008 and haven’t looked back. I’m honored to have a fantastic group of clients and we are doing really exciting work pushing the limits of viral marketing and PR for the automotive aftermarket.
So why the YEN Select Committee? Because I’m a pretty young guy considering I’ve worked 11 consecutive SEMA shows, and I feel that our industry is filled with young, eager, forward-thinking entrepreneurs. From business owners and manufacturers to reps, dealers and media personnel, we’re all very fortunate to have a passion for cars and the ability to earn a living talking about what we love. I will help fellow YEN members in any way I can, keeping the committee focused on the needs of fresh new companies and fast-rising young executives. We should be heard, from our ideas on new media marketing to reaching Gen Y and Millennials. I will bring new ideas to the table about how to market the organization to business owners and how to help members move their businesses forward.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I encourage anyone with questions about my goals for the YEN Select Committee or even those looking for advice to email or call me anytime.
President, Kahn Media