The fifth episode of Cars For a Living is now out. You can find the show on the website at the link below!
In this episode of Cars For A Living we dug into one of the biggest challenges we’ve each faced in being self employed business owners: managing our family time well, and putting it ahead of work time. In the restoration and aftermarket world specifically this is a constant juggernaut to deal with as this industry is (in effect) a lifestyle of it’s own!
Here are the key discussion points we touched on:
- This industry is different than many others in that it’s show & travel driven, and most events and shows happen on the weekend. How does this jive with a family schedule?
- How much travel should one reasonably expect to do? (Is there a percentage of gross revenue that can be used, or is it totally a gut feel)
- Since travel dollars are not unlimited in any business, how do you decide WHICH events to attend?
- Can you bring your family with you on trips?
- Following #4….what if your family doesn’t like to travel with you – or you can’t afford to bring them?
- How do you “turn off” work while on vacation…..or (even tougher) at home?
BIG NEWS – Cars For A Living now has a FACEBOOK page! Feel free to post your questions on the wall there!