Rolex 24 Hours of Le Mans Recap Fast Facts:
- TOYOTA GAZOO Racing took the LMP1 and overall win in the No. 8 Toyota car shared by Fernando Alonso, Kazuki Nakajima and Sebastien Buemi after 388 laps.
- “It has been a long time coming, I’m speechless. To win this race has been a dream of ours. We managed to keep completely focused until the checkered flag and that’s what brought us victory.”- Kazuki Nakajima
- Toyota went one-two in the 86th running of the event, securing its first win at Le Mans.
- 43 cars finished this year’s race.
- The No. 26 G-Drive Racing Oreca driven by Jean-Eric Vergne, Andrea Pizzitola and Romain Rusinov captured the LMP2 class win and led its class for the majority of the race.
- Porsche claimed the GTE Pro class victory with a 1-2 finish in ‘Pink Pig’-themed No. 92 entry driven by Kevin Estre, Michael Christensen and Laurens Vanthoor, leading by over a minute ahead of the No. 91 Rothmans-colored Porsche.
- The GTE Am class victory was captured by the No.77 Dempsey-Proton Porsche team of Julien Andlauer, Christian Ried and Matt Campbell, finishing ahead of the No. 54 Spirit of Race Ferrari.
Rolex 24 Hours of Le Mans:
- Rolex has been an Official Partner and the Official Timepiece for the 24 Hours of Le Mans since 2001.
- As reward for traveling the furthest distance in 24 hours, the winning team received the 24 Hours of Le Mans trophy and a specially engraved Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona timepiece.
ROLEX AND ENDURANCE RACING
The FIA World Endurance Championship will race in Belgium, France, UK, Japan, China and the USA during the 2018 – 2019 season. The 1000 Miles of Sebring makes a highly anticipated return and both the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps and 24 Hours of Le Mans feature twice, with the 2019 edition of Le Mans staging the finale and the crowning moment of the 14-month Championship. In line with Rolex’s passion for endurance racing, the watch brand is the Official Timepiece of the FIA World Endurance Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, as well as Title Sponsor of the Rolex 24 at DAYTONA. Engine speed and reliability, along with driver and team stamina, are tested to the limit during these challenging races, showcasing motor sport at the highest level.